MISE Tournament is Ghana's premier mathematical problem solving competition for 11 - 17 year old students in Ghanaian Schools. The tournament provides an excellent opportunity for aspiring young mathematicians to develop problem solving skills, get tournament experience, bond and connect with peers from diverse backgrounds. The Tournament consists of two selection rounds and it is a preliminary selection program for Ghana's Mathematical Olympiad and MISE Research Program.
2015 Registration Deadline: January,31
Round 1 (21st March 2015)
• Is a 50-minute, online multiple-choice exam open to all interested students who meet the age criteria.
• It is administered at a computer lab or Internet cafe.
• It has NO penalty for guessing.
Round 2 (25th April 2015)
• It is a paper and pencil exam administered at a school classroom over a 120-minute period.
• It is taken by students who score in the top 10% on the Round 1 Exam.
• All answers are non-negative integers.
Math Olympiad Program (20th July - 1st Aug 2015)*
• It will be hosted by Lincoln Community School over a 2-week period.
• Invitation is extended to the top 20 scorers on the Round 2 Exam.
• Room and board are provided for interested students who require such services at an extra fee.
Anticipated Math Olympiad Finals Schedule
1 Students Arrive – Orientation & Opening Ceremony
2 Topic - Logic and Proofs
3 Topic – Algebra
4 Topic – Algebra
5 Topic – Number Theory
6 Weekend Excursions
7 Weekend Excursions
8 Topic - Number Theory
9 Topic – Number Theory
10 Topic – Combinatorics
11 Topic – Combinatorics
12 Topic – Combinatorics
13 Final Exam and Research Symposium.
Residential students may depart after final Exam or Research Symposium.
Syllabus/ Learning resources